- About us
- Contact us
Why do the Arrow Leadership program?
The Arrow Australia Leadership Program is a 2-year course designed to develop emerging Christian leaders. Male and female participants aged 25-40 are drawn from every state and territory and participate in the program concurrent with their full-time ministry. Arrow focuses on areas that make a positive difference to their leadership.
The Arrow Leadership program is not for everyone. The number of participants is intentionally limited to allow for interaction with our high quality presenters.
Arrow is aimed at young leaders, both men and women, who are in full time ministry and who: -
- Have a heart for evangelism and mission.
- Are leaders with demonstrated leadership potential.
- Have a strong desire to grow deeper in character and more effective in their skills and competency.
- Sense a God-given vision that they wish to sharpen and pursue with their whole heart.
- Are willing to be challenged in their growth both by mentors and peers.
- Reflect diverse denominational and para-church groups within Australia.
The program includes:
Spiritual and Character Formation
- Developing their heart for God, prayer life and personal spiritual disciplines
- Helping to establish habits and standards of conduct of highest integrity
- Encouraging each participant to be responsible in family and personal relationships
- Pro-active leadership
- Initiating constructive change
- Team building and leading
- Communication skills
- Strategy and planning
- People management
- Time management
- Vision casting
- Servant leadership
- Personal goal setting
- Critical assessment in Australian context
- Enhancing skills and strategies
- Preaching and communication
- Understanding of social and cultural factors that affect the communication of the Gospel
- Empowering others
Mentoring and Support Networks
The program assists and encourages participants to develop peer support networks and mentors, drawn from more experienced and able leaders and includes three 5-day live in conferences, some guided reading and reflection (Participants are asked to provide written reviews) and assistance to develop mentors where participants do not have these relationships already established.
Participants develop strong networks with other gifted leaders. These network, reaching across Australia, are with leaders from many churches, para-church groups, denominations and those with a passion for evangelism. The program aims to expose participants to outstanding Christian leaders and resource people, top business and political leaders as well as creative thinkers.